2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped carrot
1/2 cup finely chopped celery
2 teaspoons kosher salt
1 pound lentils, picked and rinsed
1 cup peeled and chopped tomatoes
2 quarts chicken or vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground toasted cumin
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground grains of paradise
- A large 6-quart Dutch oven should be placed over medium heat with the olive oil inside.
- Once hot, add the onion, carrot, celery, and salt and sweat for 6 to 7 minutes, or until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the grains of paradise, tomatoes, coriander, cumin, and broth after adding the lentils.
- Just bring to a boil after turning up the heat to high.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and simmer the lentils for 35 to 40 minutes, or until they are cooked.
- Puree the ingredients with a stick blender to the desired smoothness.
- Serve right away.
#EasyRecipe #LentilSoup #Healthy #HongKong #GuardianFitnessHK #hkfitness #hongkong #personaltraining #personaltraininghk